11.20.2009

nursery daydreaming

As soon as we're done finishing our downstairs remodel, we'll get to the really fun task of doing the baby's nursery (which is currently our room). Brian and I both agreed that we wanted to do something other than pink, since we've got the whole bubble gum thing going on in finley's room. I toyed around with green, but my heart just wasn't in it. For some reason I keep going back to the idea of a white/neutral colored room. I love how white is clean, bright, and calming all at the same time. We've already got all white furniture so we're off to a good start. I'm just nervous that it's not as easy to pull off as it looks. What if the whites don't exactly match? Will that look weird? What if it just ends up looking like an unfinished room? I don't know if I can get brian on board with this crazy idea, or even if I'm brave enough to give it a go, but here's some pictures that made me melt...
i hope and wish with all my might that someday we will live in a house with white plank wood floors. But, don't worry babe. I'll never suggest to you again that we paint our hardwoods. i now know, that the odds of us purchasing a quaint little beach house with said floors is far more likely (ie not gonna happen). a girl can dream though...

2 comments:

C.J. and Jen said...

You should totally go for it. I think it would be adorable!

mike and hillary said...

talk to em. i think she's doing all neutral too. i think she's going with lots of linen and taupe (?). but, you can totally pull it off and make it look really good. its going to be beautiful!
(call you monday! cant wait to catch up!).