5.13.2010

nursery photos

Adalaide’s room has been finished for a while now, but I’ve been hesitant to post any pictures because I’m not quite finished working on it. I have no idea when I’ll actually get around to the last few projects so I’m just going to post some pictures anyway. I’m really happy with how it all turned out. It is such a bright, cozy space. We actually find ourselves congregating in there quite often. Which I guess is no surprise considering that the oversized chair pretty much calls my name all day long.

A big huge thanks to my dear husband for doing the woodwork. Because if we’re being honest, it’s what really makes the room {as he so humbly reminds me all the time}. And thank you to my mom for “working in meghan’s sweatshop” {her words} to help me finish all my sewing projects.

So, without further ado…
i shortened these $14 ikea curtains and used the
extra fabric to make these pillows & the crib skirt.
i love that this antique dresser came with a little girls silhoutte painted on it
i should also give brian credit for hanging these glitter numbers so precisely
No, one of these tissue paper pom poms did NOT fall down into the crib. and NO i did not find adalaide's
arm all tangled in the fishing line. ok, that did happen, but don't worry i hung them with better hooks.
crib skirt from extra fabric
and hands down the cutest part of the room.

4 comments:

mike and hillary said...

i have so many things to say.
1. if it weren't for the pictures of adalaide and finley, and also the fact that i recognize some of the stuff as yours, i would think you were lying and that these were pictures out of a magazine. seriously.
2. its the cutest nursery i've ever seen.
3. i laughed about the pom pom things falling.
4. i love the simple crib skirt with the ruffles.
5. is that a baby announcement i see? why don't i have one?
6. love the clock
7. adalaide looks so cute and her outfit is adorable.
8. seriously. cutest room. ever.

C.J. and Jen said...

Unbelievably cute!!!!

queenbee said...

the pics turned out great!! you really captured all it's cuteness. and the final pic is too precious for words, great job!

emily said...

oh my, I love it! You did such a nice job mixing whites to make it just perfect. Love it love it.