7.16.2008

remember this old thing?

yeah, me neither. it's been ages since we've used the bjorn, but we had to break it out today because finley is going through some major separation anxiety issues. as soon as we got home from our trip she began getting hysterical whenever i left the room. I'll put her down on the floor and get her playing with her favorite toys and as soon as she hears the hardwoods creakin she turns around with a big pouty lip and gigantic tears rolling down her cheek. Normally, i would have an easier time embracing this stage, but like i said-we just got home from a long vacation and unfortunately I'm not one of those super organized people who leaves the house looking pristine. We have mountains upon mountains of dirty laundry hiding downstairs and the floors are so dirty that i won't even walk barefoot around the house. So, when i finally couldn't stand it anymore i busted out the tried and true baby bjorn. it allowed me to get some chores done, but as if i don't hate doing housework enough-lugging around an extra 20-something lbs makes it even worse. besides carrying her with me, the only other magical trick that will buy me some free time is giving her some bits of string cheese. needless to say, we already made the trip to costco for an industrial bag of cheese.
here's the bon bon at costco riding in the cart for the first time. she loved it and squealed the whole ride. Yes, I DID sanitize the cart first! after a difficult day yesterday i went in to peek on her and this is what i found. my heart melted . i love my sweet girl so so so SOOO much, even during this not so enjoyable stage.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Hmmm... I am not sure which picture is cuter! You can see how happy she is in the cart, I am sure she "worked" her smile and magic on all she encountered. "Angel" describes her perfectly!

Tiffany said...

What a cutie! I've also had to wear Norah around these past couple of weeks so I can get something done. I'd love to get together soon. Give me a call and let me know when works for you. Our schedule is pretty open with a few play dates and storytimes scattered here and there.

3mily said...

yes, ethan is heading into the separation anxiety thing as well. as usual, finley is miles ahead ;-) no, seriously, it is trying & i can totally empathize. string cheese... hmmmm....