7.23.2008

9 month stats

Finley had her nine month check-up today and everything looks great. No shots today-Hooray! Dr. B was very happy with Finley's overall growth and development.

Weight: 20 lbs 6 oz (75th %)
Height: 29 inches (85th %)
Head: 45.7 cm (90th)

The topic of breastfeeding came up and I was shocked to hear her say that now is a good time to start weening. I thought most pediatricians recommended bfing for the first year, which is when I planned on stopping. For some reason it rubbed me the wrong way. Finley is growing up so stinking fast as it is, I don't like feeling rushed. Plus, I quite enjoy not having my period! So, sorry Dr. B, but I'm not gonna take your advice on this one!

Waiting patiently for her appointment.Trying to crawl off the table.

1 comment:

Sarah Jean said...

I say stick with what YOU want! I breastfed Mikaelyn until 13 months and only stopped because I wanted to! There is NOTHING wrong with continuing and can only benefit, not hurt her! She's precious and enjoy that special bond as long as you possibly can! :o)