7.21.2008

not quite how i remembered it...

On Sunday we took a day trip up to Birch Bay with Mimi and Grandpa. Some of my earliest memories are from camping trips to BB. Somehow, it looks nothing like what I remembered. I have vivid memories of playing on a grassy knoll with my cousins...in reality, it's just a one foot deep ditch. Anyway, after a scenic ride around town we hit the beach. I wish I captured Brian's face on camera. He's a little bit of a beach snob, having grown up in California and vacationed every year at their house in Huntington beach. He was a little overwhelmed by the lack of sand and abundance of seaweed. But even he couldn't deny that we timed it perfectly-the tide was way way WAY out, so we were able to walk and explore the shoreline. The tide left behind little pools that were as warm as bath water for finley to play in. After she got used to it she crawled all around, and enjoyed playing with the seaweed and tasting the salt water. We had so much fun relaxing, eating a yummy picnic lunch, playing cards, and experiencing the nostalgia of being back.

1 comment:

queenbee said...

It was a very fun day. I'm glad we were all together. It was a bit different than I remembered, too. Finley looks so cute and happy in the video, you did a great job on the pictures, capturing the day and all that BB is.