6.20.2010

allow me to introduce

bolero girl.

I made this little summer jacket for finley. The pattern calls it a bolero. The name really stuck with her. She has been running around saying "da na na na na na BOLERO GIRL!"


I think it will look better without long sleeves underneath, but of course it is raining on this JUNE day! On the way out of church it was pouring, and finley screamed "ahhhhhhhh my bolero is getting wet!!"

tell me that's not hilarious.


This was a simplicity pattern, and it was titled "sewing for dummies". While it was actually pretty simple in theory, I still messed up twice {which i guess makes me a huge dummy}. In my defense though, I was working with linen which does not have a right and wrong side.


And I ran into a little trouble because i wanted to line mine. and apparently when you line a bolero you should not sew the arm holes shut until you flip it right side out. You will end up with a huge ruffled log.


Thank goodness for thread snipers.

We're off to celebrate my husband for the WONDERFUL father that he is.

3 comments:

michelle said...

I love bolero girl! the bolero is adorable, very versatile. nice job

mike and hillary said...

i can't believe she yelled that her bolero was getting wet! well...i guess i can because she is such a hilarious little girl. and i'm really hoping i get good enough to copy this, because that is seriously cute!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I stumbled on your blog through another friend's website and love your pictures. What kind of camera do you use?