12.20.2009

the cry heard throughout nordstrom

We took Finley to see Santa this weekend and, well it was bad. I sort of was planning on her shedding some tears, but I had not anticipated it being so traumatic. We came armed with a lolly (sucker) for her and one for her to give to Santa because I thought that would be a good icebreaker. As soon as we got within three feet of him, she threw it at him and started tearing up. We tried having her sit on a chair at his feet, on a rocking horse to the side of him, and they even tried a "bye bye Santa picture" {Santa says goodbye and goes around back, while the kid sits in his chair and he sneaks in behind the child for a quick picture}. She would have none of it. It seriously attracted a crowd of employees and shoppers. In the end, we threw her on his lap and snapped a picture. Is it evil of me to think that crying pictures are kinda funny? Within seconds of leaving his sight, she realized she was holding a lolly and everything was fine. Maybe next year when she has a sibling with her it will go better? One can hope...

These are just some random pictures from the weekend. Is it me or does she look really old?!
and i couldn't resist the opportunity to capture a belly shot when i'm actually wearing real clothes and makeup {it's kind of a rare occurrence}.

6 comments:

michelle said...

she is precious! That Santa pic is kinda sad and a tiny bit funny.

mike, hill, and isabella said...

ooooooh, her face! and how funny to go from that picture to the one of her so happy with her lolly.

Doug, Darla, and Kaya said...

I think we had almost the exact same experience!!! Seriously- I felt like I was reading our story of taking Kaya to see santa. I also anticipated tears but not the full freak out. Kaya kicked off her shoes and everything. We also came armed with a lollipop and she was happy as can be after she got that! We didn't scar our kids, right? :)

C.J. and Jen said...

Those might possibly be the funniest Santa pictures I've ever come across! She looks terrified, but it's hilarious!

mike, hill, and isabella said...

ps. you look beautiful in that last picture, and your belly is really cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi and pardon the intrusion. I'm not great at this yet but I pasted (for practice after randomly Googling/searching something and coming by your blog) the smiling face from 35.jpg into the crying pic 37.jpg .. the result is here http://i49.tinypic.com/2gumi2r (my eml addr if you wish to comment to me is just my name pete fiollowed by at sign and then leftwich ending in the dotcom. Happy New Year and practice random acts of kindness