8.03.2010

going country

Brian purchased our home while we were dating, not knowing that we would end up living there, and certainly not knowing that our first little one was just around the corner.We moved into the house after we got married, and i wasn't too keen on the area initially. Brian told me to give it a year, and if I still wasn't loving it, we could talk about relocating. A year passed, we made tons of great friends in the area, and we worked hard remodeling things here and there. I made peace with where we lived, but part of my heart always longed {i hate the word longed, but i can't think of another one} to be living out in the country. For so many different reasons, I love the country. As I've gotten older and added little ones into the mix, I've been feeling the pull even more.

Problem was, my husband wasn't on board. Not even a little bit.

Until now. On our recent road trip, he blurted out that he wanted to move the country. He started spouting off all these thoughts and ideas about why we should move, the dream house he would build for us, and the life we could give our children. I was blown away by his change of heart. Seriously, if you know him, you understand what a HUGE and SHOCKING turn of events this is. 

So, now we've been checking out properties in the country. We think we might have found "the one". There are still several different things that we would have to figure out before it actually happens.  But that's okay. We're on the same page, and that's the first {and most important}step!

We'd like to find some renters for our house, so if you know of anyone who might be interested pass along our information. It's a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, with a newly remodeled kitchen and basement, and a huge yard. I know I'm biased, but i think it's a darling house.

So yeah. Crazy, exciting, scary things going on here. We'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

C.J. and Jen said...

SOOOOO happy for you. The country's the best place to be!!! (ok, I'm a bit biased, but still) Hope it all works out for you guys.

queenbee said...

exciting times for all of you!!! can't wait to have you all closer. perfect place for the kids to grow up

Anonymous said...

Meghan! I miss you Lady... Just got done looking for you on FB, and then found your blog. Please don't move without letting us know where you are going. Love you guys!!! -Kate Verms

Meghan Elaine said...

So exciting. We are in the country, kind of, and I love it. I do miss good shopping though.