7.01.2010

some random information

:: In 46 hours our family is going on holiday, and i cannot possibly put into words how excited i am. brian has worked all but two days in the last 2 months. and oftentimes he comes home after his 10 hour day and does more work {checking out jobs, writing up bids, shopping for materials}. i am extremely thankful that his business thriving, and i know that this is his busiest season... BUT... i am so frickin' excited to have lots and lots of time with him. i'm giddy just thinking about it!

:: i've had a few people inquire about my camera. it's a nikon D 3000. i think it retails for around $500. I am embarrassed to say that I've had it for 6 months and I still don't know anything about it. The only button I ever touch is the dial on top which switches the modes {portrait, outdoor, no flash, etc}. Someday I'd love to take a class to learn how to use it to it's full potential. Maybe I could even learn how to take a decent indoor picture?!

:: I've also had several people ask about the flowers that you see the girls wearing. Crazy as it is, people have even been paying me to make them!! If you are crafty at all, they are really simple to make. There's a few different styles.

One style involves cutting out and folding fabric circles. here's a tutorial

Another style is made by sewing a ruffle and shaping it into a flower. i like using linen, because i like the frayed look.

The easiest one, in my opinion, involves burning the edges of a burnable fabric. i use silk.
mostly i use the flowers as hair accessories for the girls, but sometimes i like to use them for other fun
things, like...
or
or
someone had me make over-sized flowers to embellish her adorable flower girl dresses {i wanna see a pic!}
someone else had me make pins to give away as gifts for mother's day.
and someone else used them to put on top of gifts {i love doing this too}.

i think they're a fun accessory, and i do love getting my girls dolled up for special occasions.

hope this was helpful.

4 comments:

queenbee said...

the holiday will be so fun, i hope mother nature cooperates with the weather! i LOVE the way you displayed your flowers, very professonal

Myriah said...

Thanks Meghan, I was going to ask you how to make them! I'm going to practice right now. I was also going to ask you how you got your template on Blogger to expand to full screen, I've been playing around but couldn't figure it out :)

brian, meghan, finley, and adalaide said...

hey myriah. glad to be of service! will they be for avery? i just logged into my account to find out which template i'm using, and now i can't find it. i know it's one of the standard ones though. i'm not very computer savvy...sorry!

Myriah said...

I'm not very computer savvy either... thanks for checking though! I have made 3 flowers so far and they get a little better each time, Avery isn't a fan of wearing them yet but I wore one in my hair today :)