1.26.2009

thankful

Lately, I've been overcome with thankfulness that I am able to be a stay-at-home-mom. It sort of dawned on me that i get to go to bed every single night looking forward to spending the next day with my daughter. I'm doing exactly what I've always wanted to do, and there's not a job out there that could top playing with my baby. And my dear husband doesn't bat an eye at working long hours to make it possible (thanks, babe)! I guess all this is to say that, I that I am thoroughly enjoying this season in my life.

Anywho...

Yesterday, Finley had her 15 month check up and as usual all is well. Still growing along quite nicely. No peanut butter till she's two. Give her Tylenol on the plane ride to Maui. No big deal that she isn't a pro with the spoon. Wean her off the bottle immediately. I knew it was coming, but I still thought I'd ask why. Dr B. answered, and I quote, "I see Suri Cruise and other 3 year olds walking around with a bottle and it just makes me so mad". ohhhhh, well okay then, thanks for the scientific explanation. Who knew Dr. B was so caught up on celebrity babies.

In other Finley news... she is becoming quite the little talker. She mimics almost any word you ask her to say. Some of the words she knows are: mama, papa, yes, no, more, baby, hi, bye, i yuh you (i love you), milk, more, booty (the food, not the body part), cheese, juice, and ewwww ("i'm pooping" as if i couldn't tell by the red face and loud grunting). you get the picture. The ability to answer questions with a "yes" or a "no thanks" is both convenient and hilarious. A few weeks ago I accidentally phrased my request as a question and asked her if she would put her binky in her bed (since we don't like her to have it while unless she's sleeping) she replied quite curtly, "no thanks". What can I say... at least she was polite about it.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Well that shows you doctors aren't right abut everything, very unscientific explanation. Geeze! She is only 15 months, let her enjoy her bottle. You are such a good momma to Finley, she is a lucky girl. Papa takes good care of his girls, he's a good man~

mike, hill, and isabella said...

the whole no thanks thing is hilarious. she's so cute...i can't wait for the next play date.ps. do you think your mom told herself: "she's only 2 and a half, let her enjoy the breast." ? (i'm laughing out loud at how funny i think i am).

michelle said...

Hillary I am going to bean you! One and a half year, not two. I wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand the little "joke"