11.01.2008

halloween

From very early on her life, Finley was was nicknamed our "little strawberry bon-bon". We're not really sure how it came about, or why it stuck...but I guess there's worse things to be called. There was no question when it came time for picking her first halloween costume. And what a darling little strawberry she was. She even left her "stem" on all night. We decided not to take her trick-or-treating, since she can't eat the candy anyway. Plus, we think it's more fun to stay home and hand out candy. She was thoroughly entertained checking out all the costumed people that came to the door. I say "people" instead of "kids", because we had quite a mature crowd stop by. I'm not talking about the awkward high schooler, who really shouldn't be trick-or-treating anymore. I'm talking about 50 year old men, sporting pot bellies and gray mustaches underneath their costumes. However, the winner of the night was the fellow who starting cussing me out because I only gave him one candy bar! I guess he didn't feel the need to show respect to his elders, since it's quite likely that he's older than me... All in all, we had a great night with our little strawberry. I had a hard time narrowing down which pics to upload because she was grinning all night. Check out more pics in the album...

2 comments:

michelle said...

She is the "sweetest" little strawberry. I could just eat her!xoxoxoxMimi

C.J. and Jen said...

Ok, that picture of FInley that is second from the bottom might just be the cutest ever!