11.17.2008

catching up

Not much has gone on in our neck of the woods the last few weeks. Work was slow for Brian last week, so we enjoyed having him home when we wake up in the morning, and having him pop in and out throughout the day. After I got Finley out of her bed this morning she walked throughout the house calling for dada...how sad!
For whatever reason, Finley had a horrible week of sleep. Bless her heart for coordinating it with Brian's week off! She was waking up several times during the night, screaming so hard that we actually went in to rock her. One night Brian even had to give her some milk to calm her down. It was like having a newborn again! After a few nights, I feared that this was turning into a habit. We were so exhausted that we called in Mimi to come stay with us on Friday so that we could get a good nights sleep. But wouldn't you know it, we didn't hear a peep out of her until 8 am. OF COURSE! Thankfully, she's worked herself out and we're back to enjoying 12 hours of bliss.
This weekend we went to lunch with the family that I used to nanny for. It's been almost 8 months since we've seen them and I hardly recognized them. I swear, they each grew at least a foot. And even though Henry is only 5, I'm pretty sure he went through puberty since I saw him last. Seriously, it would not have shocked me to see him sporting a moustache. Please, please, please don't let Finley grow that fast!
Brian wasn't pleased with this picture...
Finley getting a little PG 13 with her boyfriend, Logan.She loves playing with her babies!
Nothing irks me more than when she won't leave her hair alone!!!This is her new thing that she does when she's feeling emotional (when we say "no" or when someone takes a toy, or hurts her). It's so precious!

Finley loves sitting at her table and doing art. We're working on keeping the crayons out of her mouth.Celebrating Grandpa's birthday
The first time we ever spent ALL day apart.
We love playing on our deck any chance we can get. At least global warming is good for something!

Just looking cute.

This is Finley's new phrase. I guess I've passed on my old-lady verbiage to my daughter.




4 comments:

C.J. and Jen said...

Hooray for the update! And I'm really glad to hear that the sleeping is back to normal...that would have been HORRIBLE if it had turned into a habit!

Andrea said...

So cute! The bad news is they continue to pull things out of their hair until... well, I don't know when it stops yet!

mike, hill, and isabella said...

oh my gosh! henry seriously does look so old! its so crazy. also, every picture is the cutest thing ever. and 'oh dear' is so funny. its so fun to see what she picks up on that you must say all the time. one is such a fun age, i love it. can't wait to see her!

michelle said...

I thought uh-oh was cute but oh dear is even better. It is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! As usual, great update~