2.07.2010

some baby prep

I'll be honest, we have not made much of a ta-da for this baby girl simply because we have been consumed with our remodel. Basically, our house is still in total disarray, and will most likely be until the very last second. I've been fighting my urge to nest like you wouldn't believe, but I couldn't take it any longer. I may or may not have gone a smidge crazy-pregnant-lady for a few minutes while I demanded that the baby's dresser and the tub of newborn clothes be brought out of storage. Thankfully, my dear husband obliged and I had the most enjoyable afternoon organizing my baby's clothes. Also, I did a fun little craft project. My friend hillary has the most amazingly creative sister. Seriously, I want to copy everything she does. And I did just that with this pottery barn inspired flower mobile. She gave a little tutorial on her blog, and it was surprisingly easy {and much cheaper than the PB one}. And speaking of hillary... she mentioned that she would be bringing her own snap front baby shirt to the hospital so that the baby can wear something other than the ugly hospital one they give you. Smart idea, huh. I ran right out and got a pack of my own to embellish. how can you resist a darling little ruffle? this little ditty has two rosettes. and finally a monogram Baby girl is set to arrive in two weeks. Two weeks!! Can you believe it?! I am so so so anxious to meet our little girl.

4 comments:

mike and hillary said...

your mobile looks so good! and your shirts are sooooo cute. i think the ruffle is my favorite. or maybe the monogram? or the rosettes? they are just all so cute! nice work.

ps. i think most pregnant women would be demanding much more than a dresser and clothes to organize. it will all be worth it in the end, but give yourself a break. its got to be hard not to be setting up her room.

emily said...

very nice meghan! Can't wait to see your nursery all complete. Are you delivering at swedish? Perhaps I'll see you there ...

Kristi said...

I love the shirt idea. Did you get them in premie or newborn? Also, how did you make the appliques? I'm not crafty and can't sew but I would love to do something like this for my little girl....any tips?

Laura said...

Hey! That's so cute- it's a giveaway to baby's name too! ;) Starts with an "a"? ;)