1.03.2010

a bird? a snail?

I think, well i know, that i desperately want to start preparing for our baby girl. but, the major remodel that's taking place in 75% of our house is sort of keeping me from doing what i would normally want to be doing...you know, decorating the nursery, washing and putting away precious baby clothes, etc. Basically, since I can't be doing that I think I'm going a little crazy and finding other ways to use that part of my brain. case in point, i decided that this weekend i needed to learn how to applique. Is that even the correct way to use the word? Shows how much i know about it. Anyway, i made finley a shirt, and i was pretty proud of how it turned out.

Until...

I showed the shirt to my dear husband. This is pretty much how it went:

me: look at what i made!
brian: chuckles
me: doesn't it look like it could be store bought!
brian: what is it?
me: blank stare. what do you mean?
brian: is it a bird?
me: looking at the shirt trying to see how he could possibly see a bird. Ummmm, no!
brian: oh, is it snail?

*for the record, it is neither. I mean come on, even my 2 year old knew it was a flower.

**don't feel bad if you thought it was a bird, snail, or something else altogether. next time i'll stick with something less abstract.

2 comments:

michelle said...

Of course it's a flower! Very cute...let's see a pic with Finley wearing it. Glad to see you are enjoying your sewing machine and crafting.

mike, hill, and isabella said...

brian, brian, brian! it is OBVIOUSLY a flower. and a very darling one too. nice work, megs! and keep teaching yourself how to do all of these cute things so that one day you can teach me. :)