9.23.2008

first words

So, I've had a hard time discerning Finley's first word. She's been saying "mama" and "dada" for months. But it's more of a general babble as opposed to her identifying us, so I don't count either of those as words yet. About a month ago she started saying "night night", but it was sort of prompted. At bedtime I say, "It's night night time", and then she will say, "night night" and wave bye bye to whoever is watching. So, I kinda count that as a first word. Her new word, that she says completely unprompted, is "uh oh". She says it anytime a toy falls to the floor and makes a loud noise. She even sticks out her bottom lip while saying it! We don't like to encourage her to drop or throw her toys, but I just had to catch it on video. You can kinda see the pout in the beginning of the video.






Yesterday, I was feeling around in finley's mouth and I was shocked to discover that she had a molar in. Wait. A. Minute. She was teething? We called papa immediately to tell him the news. This is so exciting because she got a tooth in and we didn't have to deal with any fussiness, sleep issues, etc! If you aren't a parent of a child who has gone through teething you might not understand why this is noteworthy. If you are, then you know that this is almost as exciting as winning the lottery. Well, not really. But close. Such a trooper, that daughter of ours!

3 comments:

The Pfister Family said...

She is just too cute Meg! I love her! and I love her slippers......have I seen them before?

Andrea said...

Oh, I know that wonderful feeling of finding a tooth that has already come in without warning! Definitely a reason to celebrate!

michelle said...

"uh oh" with her little pout is SO cute! she looks so concerned. LOVE the background